Campaign is the game's basic mode. In this mode the player venture through 72 unique levels to defeat the Evil Lord Magma. The game takes you through the kingdom, then into Frostburn, then the Desert, following with the swamp, the once end of magma mountain, and the newly created Netherworld.
They say that all legends start here.
Many tales were swept away from memory by the stream of time. But the legend of the Sunstone will never be forgotten...
|The legend of the Sunstone began in the Valley of Myst, during the time of the Monster Wars. When Magma Mountain erupted, powerful creatures burst forth from the Netherworld, terrorizing the land.
Time distorts memories and history is set to repeat..
As the final battle of the Legendary Wars waged on, the Monster Army was pushed back through the Netherworld Gates.
All remaining monsters dissipated into ashes the moment Lord Magma was defeated. Victory was at hand!
Enix did the job for which he was resurrected; to destroy Lord Magma and seal the Netherworld Gates for good.
The Sunstone was all that remained of the legendary firebird, and what was once broken was whole again. Lucas swore to protect the Sunstone with his life.
And so it was that Lucas and his friends were able to resurrect the Phoenix, seal the Netherworld Gates and save Legendaria from destruction.
Although they each went their separate ways, they will never forget their time in the Legendary Wars.
|Felix went back to the swamp. Convinced that he was stuck in the future, he used magic to make Vinethorne a technological marvel and the tourists soon followed.
And so, his dream of making the Mystic Swamp a tourist attraction finally came true.
|Golan went back to Desert Oasis and became a golem protector; the highest rank in the Golem King's Kingdom. He still visits Des and Go'fer in the Gilded Sun.
Thanks to his efforts, Golems were finally accepted as official citizens of Legendaria.
|Spike settled down with a beautiful Uni. They happily live together in the hidden valley of Frostburn at the end of the rainbow.
He gave up fighting for good and is quite the family man now, a father of two little spikeys and one on the way.
|Des moved to the Gilded Sun Kingdom where he started his own branch of Legendarian brew. His special brand is a drink so pungent it has a double use as armor polish.
He and Go'fer started a catering business and are doing quite well for themselves.
|Prince Strider went back to Elfy woods where he built an arena, in whichß soldiers all across Legendaria could prove themselves in combat.
He swore that on his watch, The Gilded Sun Kingdom will never be caught off guard again...
Lucas decided against becoming the High General of the Gilded Sun. Instead he ventured to investigate his mysterious connection to Asher and Enix.
This part of the story ends here, but time distorts memories, and not all stories are told the same way...
During the campaign you get some hints to complete the levels:
- For Level 1-8: The High General, it's smart to upgrade your Knight to Tier 2. Once you reach the desert, Knights become quite useless. Repeat this on Had and Legendary difficulties so that your Knights reach Tier 3, like the High General.
- The above strategy can also apply to Golems and Wizards.
- Unicorns are, in fact, not necessary for winning the campaign. Their use comes later in the game: endless arena, endless cows and to speed up endless defense.
- Elfs are recommended to upgrade even though there are no hints in the campaign. Just think about the tower elves, which can become of great use in higher tiers.
- Although Phoenixes cost a lot of gems, they can be useful in some levels. However, if you're good enough to finish them without a Phoenix, you can save up a lot of gems to use for other units. If you do want to use Phoenixes, upgrade them directly to Tier 3. Then they becomes really useful, as they is mid range.
- Phoenixes are not too hard to summon if you have high mining (e.g. 60 starting gems, 9 gems per trip). So upgrading the Miner's stats can be very useful for summoning powerful units like Golems, Wizards, and Phoenixes.
All items (25)